Sunday, October 7, 2007

Getting Ready

There's alot of activity as we get ready to bring Buster Benjamin home. For example, my first trip to PETSmart. Getting the condo puppy-safe has been a major priority, and we should be wrapping that up this week. I'm not sure sometimes if I'm anxious or just plain excited about getting my own dog after so many years of wanting one, but realizing that until there was the opportunity to make sure someone could be home most of the time, the dream of getting a dog, was just that, a dream.

Over the years, I've done a lot of research on different breeds, and I always came back to wanting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I think I am very lucky to have found Buster through such a great breeder/owner of Cavaliers, Martie and Stan Parris.

I've told Michael that we need to keep three lists going...What we need to do, What we need to buy, and What we need to ask.

Not surprisingly, I've got a lot on each of the three.

We expect to bring Buster Benjamin home in the next tw0 weeks, mostly dependent on my travel schedule for work. I'm very lucky Michael has volunteered (no his arm is not twisted) to make sure one of us is around so Buster does not have to be left alone.

We are excited to introduce Buster to the other canine residents in the condo, namely Tizzy and Bailey...but at the moment Buster will be the 'year rounder' while Tizzy and Bailey remain 'snowbirds.'

I told Michael that the next week or two will be like anticipating Christmas.

Alan

No comments: